Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Testing

I have been conducting some tests today on different types of datasets, and the first and most troubling thing that I have discovered is on large blocks of search text I have been getting server not responding timeout errors. At this point I dont know if this is a problem with some browser settings on my end or if this is a setting on my webhosts server that is cutting short a process that seems to be taking to long... hummm. One way around this for the industrious, is to install a server on your local machine and ask me for a copy of the source, you will then be able to run the heck out of some large files without the server timing out.

Also it looks like analysis on complicated datasets where primary concepts have many subject compliments there is a tendency for lots of self relation between sets of dependent attributes. This is showing an extremely large amount of intersection concepts. I think that this problem is mainly one of visualization but perhaps it would be beneficial to track polyline paths and display singular routes through the cloud. this may relieve the current sense of confusion when looking at large dataset displays.

No comments:

Post a Comment