Thursday, December 3, 2009

More web app stuff

As I have been working on my website I am beginning to wonder if I should just go ahead and implement the whole Pointsware software in PHP. I keep coming back to this as a way of allowing people to access the mechanisms of the software with ease and without need to install Ruby and go through the whole process of running it from the command line. The implementation as web application is beneficial for access and storage of notes via Internet and mobile devices. Allows for latent semantic analysis to be conducted as an integrated part of the processing and display via easy access to google. Accounts, sharing, and posting of output can also create some community between users. I need to shift my efforts I think... and I have had the nagging suspicion that I need to do an over haul of the basic mechanisms that the code employs anyway, and switching languages would give me this opportunity. However I do think that I will finish implementing the second degree subject compliment linkage paths in the Ruby version and package it all up for people who might be interested in the application as it stands now.

No comments:

Post a Comment